EDI transaction 832 generally includes two types of basic information: product information and pricing. More specifically, the EDI 832 may contain the following information:
- Name and contact details of the seller
- Terms of the sale, including discounts
- Identification of the item and its description
- Physical details of the item, including the type of packaging
- Price of the item including quantities and units of measurement
Those who receive this transaction may be able to integrate the data it directly into their ERP systems. This information can then be used in the procurement process.