INTRODUCTION TO EDI
Sellers and buyers can exchange information in a QUICK, EFFECTIVE, and SECURE manner to allow them to streamline their business process and ultimately lower their costs.
EDI replaces paper, fax, and, email in order to successfully exchange business data such as purchase orders, invoices, advance ship notices, and more. It is used by companies worldwide.
WHY USE EDI
Increase your sales
EDI creates numerous advantages which will make your business more profitable. Businesses can automate or semi-automate their process which means that orders get transmitted and processed quicker, invoices get paid faster, the cost-per-transaction is reduced, and ultimately your sales will increase.
WHO NEEDS A FAXINATING EDI SOLUTION?
EDI is valuable for companies of all sizes, from very small suppliers to major corporations and government agencies, such as the following:
- Companies that need to exchange purchase orders, invoices, payment remittance notices, advance ship notices, forecast reports, and other transactions with partners who are not EDI compliant.
- Small businesses who want to distribute their products to large chains.
- Companies that do low-volume transactions, typically by fax or email.
- Businesses that are still using fax, paper, and/or email to send their invoices and other documents.
- Companies that are spending too much time and/or money supporting their current EDI solution.
HOW does it work?
FSI can integrate its exAct® software and Web portal solutions with many ERP and accounting packages including MS-Dynamics, MS-Dynamics 365, Sage, Quickbooks, Simply Accounting, AccPac, and Acomba.
Your data is sent to the FSI service centre where it is translated into an EDI format and transmitted to your trading partner.
The process includes the following:
- Capturing the data from its original source such as exAct®, CSV, XML, etc.
- Mapping and translating the data to EDI.
- Validating and logging the data.
- Securely transmitting the data.
- Confirmation of the acknowledgment of receipt from the trading partner to close out the transaction.
Ready to discover our solutions?
Innovative EDI solutions for all your business needs!