INTRODUCTION TO EDI
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) is the most efficient way to exchange business documents between business partners.
Sellers and buyers can exchange information in a QUICK, EFFECTIVE and SECURE method to allow them to streamline their business process and ultimately lower their costs.
EDI replaces paper, fax and email in order to successfully exchange business data such as purchase orders, invoices, advance shipping notices and more. It is used in countless businesses around the world.
WHY USE EDI
Increase your sales
Trading partners may have different requirements, whether it be the version or the data elements. Keeping track of all these specifications can be problematic and costly for businesses to implement and maintain.
EDI can generate many beneficial opportunities for small businesses, such as having their products distributed in more stores, therefore increasing their total sales.
Make your business grow
The ability to automate or semi automate using EDI transactions makes business transactions flow faster. Faster procurement and quicker shipment means lower sales cycle, lower inventory levels, fewer out of stock occurrences, all of which can make a difference in a business’s growth.
WHO NEEDS A FAXINATING EDI SOLUTION?
EDI is beneficial for all sizes of businesses, from very small suppliers to major corporations and government departments, such as:
- Companies that wish to Exchange EDI transactions such as purchase orders, payment remittance notices, forecast reports and other transactions with partners who are not EDI compliant;
- Small businesses who want to distribute their products to large chains;
- Companies or customers of Hub companies that do low-volume transactions, typically by fax or email;
- Businesses that are still using fax, paper and/or email to send their invoices and other documents;
- Companies where their Customer Support team is focused on Data Entry and not Customer Support and follow up;
- Companies that are spending too much time and/or money supporting their current EDI solution;
- Users that wish to receive and send transactions in an even more secure environment than FTP and do not want to pay costs associated with a VAN.
HOW does it work?
FSI can integrate its exAct™ software or Web Solution to many ERP and Accounting packages such as MS Dynamics GP®, MS Dynamics NAV®, Sage®, AccPac, Quickbooks®, Acomba®, Simply Accounting®.
From exAct™, the data is sent to the FSI service center where the data is translated and sent to your partner.
The process involves:
- Capturing the data from an original source (exAct™, CSV, XML, import file, etc.)
- Mapping and translating the data to EDI
- Applying validation rules and Accepting or Rejecting the acquired data
- Sending the EDI Transaction to the intended partner through FSI’s exAct™ Service
- Receiving a confirmation from the partner to close the transaction
EDI transactions are sent electronically and always adhere to the current EDI standards.
Ready to discover the FSI solutions?
We have EDI solutions for companies of all types and sizes.